10 Reasons Every Company Needs An EAP
EAP stands for Employee Assistance Program – that’s the first thing you need to know! Employee Assistance Programs are vital to the health and success of a workplace, and here are all the reasons why.
1. Your employees may be struggling with problems they aren’t comfortable sharing – that’s why there’s EAP. Employee Assistance Programs provide confidential counseling services and help for employees.
2. EAP covers immediate family members too, so your employees and their families can find help and healing.
3. A person can call EAP and talk on the phone or start an online session, anytime. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
4. When an individual goes to EAP, they can talk openly about any problems they’re facing, and it’s all confidential. After an individual shares their needs or struggles, an EAP Counselor will assess their situation and provide counseling. Our counselors will also connect them to community resources and outside help, if necessary.
5. EAP is free for your employees and their family members. If a counselor refers them to services that cost money, they will tell them about the cost.
6. EAP can educate your workplace, so employees and supervisors can recognize signs of a co-worker in distress and respond appropriately.
7. EAP offers individual, couple, or family counseling sessions. Individuals or families can receive up to eight sessions per issue.
8. An Employee Assistance Program isn’t just good for employees; it benefits your company, too. When your employees have the help and resources they need, they will be happier, healthier, and more productive.
9. EAP offers additional services for your workplace, including:
10. It’s a simple and worthwhile program to provide. Any and every company can offer this service through partnership with WCORHA. If you’d like to know more, please call us!